For those of you who were not aware, I am completing my current year of studies via distance learning. We have a really awesome University here called UNISA through whom you can do almost any degree you like. While, in my opinion, it takes a certain type of temperament for distance learning anyone can do it as long as you are dedicated and have a lot of self-discipline.
Theses are tips and tricks that I use in everyday studies:
- make use of a month view calendar to jot down assignments as there is no one to remind you
- assign each subject a specific colour, this way assignments and test noted on your calender are easy to identify
- submit small assignments first and early that way you won't forget and can spend all your time doing longer ones
- make sure to get all your textbooks as there are not lecture notes or people to borrow from
- where possible submit all assignments online, post has been known to disappear or not arrive on time
- have regular contact with your department and its lecturers as their input and assistance can be invaluable
- always double check due dates, test and exam dates and venues as they can change without you realizing
- study regularly otherwise you are going to find yourself regularly pulling all nighters
- make sure to request any books, articles or journals well in advance
- always keep a printed and an electronic copy of your work for resubmission should there be a problem
- form a study group with others in your area and discuss common difficulties
- set yourself a structured study time with a particular subject and an end goal in mind
Happy studying :)
P.S. Am playing around with a few blog redesign ideas before settling on the final product with will be designed by the lovely A so if you have any thoughts on a new template pls do comment!