Wednesday, August 26, 2009

SpRiNg HaS sPrUnG

Well, almost ;) On this side of the world its that time of year again when the weather warms up and the all the fabulous new Spring and Summer fashions start to appear on the shelves. Exciting stuff. This is my favourite time of year as I’m not a huge fan of winter fashions particularly because of all the very drab colours we always seem to see in the shop so I always get excited around this time!
While alot of you are on the other side of the world amd are heading into winter, what is appearing on our shelves now was on yours last season, and alas because of the weather differences we are always a season behind you. But in spite of all of that I’m going to take a look at some of my favourite fabulous new spring trends and how I will be incorporating them into my wardrobe.
The Charleston Era
I simply love this trend and the era that it comes from! Being a dancer myself I actually have a performance piece that comes from The Great Gatsby and am definately going out to buy myself a fab black number and simply say its a must have for my dance class
Florals
I love prints and colours so florals are definately a fav trend of mine which I am going to incorporate in the form of dresses. I am in desperate need of fun sun dresses to wear this season especially as it gets so hot here.
Graphic Prints
This trend is something that I’m on the fence about. I’m not sure whether I absolutely love it or not. I think its something to watch and again if I find a fabulous dress in a funky print and colours that I love its coming with me :)
Luxe Metallics
Metallic colours are still around and I personally think that incorporating them as accessories are the way to go. A metallic bag goes with anything and a pair of metallic sandles give a spot of glam to a casual outfit.Both of which are on my spring list.
One Shoulder Dress
This is a trend I really like and have been searching for a cute evening or going out dress that is one shouldered. I’ve also seen really nice fashion tops lately that are one shouldered and would look great paired with jeans and shorts alike making them versalite for day or night.
Playsuit
The playsuit is still around and a trend that I think has the potential to be super cute. In my opinion the long legged playsuits are something that you need to purchases in a good quality material to make them look amazing as the cheaper ones look cheap, especially if you are wearing it to an evening event. I personally adore the shorter, cuter more fun ones that can be pulled of by the everyday consumer. I, myself wanted to buy one last season but was put off by my mom who look at me like I was crazy. So this season Im going to go playsuit shopping alone.
White
This is a trend I love and advocate wearing the colour all year round. I have a standby tried and tested pair of billowy white pants that I wear constantly. And this season there are tons of ways to incorporate it into your wardrobe. Personally I have my eye on a white handbag something I’ve been searching for as well as a pair of white heels, preferable peep toe. And then there are so many fabulous white dresses that I’m definately going to scoop up a few of those.
So theses are my favourite trends for Spring, what are yours or should I say what WERE yours and how did you incorporate them into your wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...