**Sprinkling a little bit of sunshine into your day and hoping all your dreams come true**
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Just a note to say thank you to all you lovely ladies for your comments and support. I've had a bit of a rough week but to day is a bit of a better say and I'm really trying to pick myself back up again. If only every time life hands you lemons you could pack a bag and fly off to somewhere great and have an amazing holiday from your life for a week, wouldn't it be great if that was the way that life worked...... :) I really wish I could come and visit you guys all around the world an meet everyone in person, wouldn't that be great! Maybe one day when I win the lotto, hehe.
So, here is hoping that each and every one of you is having a fabulous day!!
Love and hugs
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
I've had a little bit of a personal set back of late that has me really confused and upset and questioning a lot of things. I'm really at a bit of a loss right now as to where I should be going to from here. I'm ask all you lovely ladies out there to give me a bit of advice right now on how to put myself back together.
Monday, June 21, 2010
I am crazy busy with studies at the moment and all of my assignments are due by the end of next month and I have 6 to do!!!! All of them essay assignments and research projects, sigh.
So, my mind is mostly in the books for the moment and here are a few tips and tricks for those busy study periods:
- make sure you have enough space, a large table where you can stretch out and makes piles is my preference
- have good internet access for research and possible queries that come up as you go
- make sure you have access to a printer so you can easily have access to copies of important documents
- colour code your files and make sure everything has their own space to keep subject separate
- file away as you go so you don't end up with a big old pile of random papers
- make sure you have enough pens and paper as well as staples, glue, ect whatever you need
I have a few interesting projects of my own going on at the moment that I'm hoping to get off the ground soon in between the madness so hopefully I will be sharing them all with you soon!!
Monday, June 14, 2010
I'm not 100% sure where I got this list from but its just too special not to share :)
1.) A Little Pain Never Hurt Anybody
The moment I stop fearing and resisting it, the pain changes. It becomes smaller, more manageable and docile.
2.) Sunscreen is for necks and chest, not just faces
I remind myself daily that its never too late to apply a protective layer of integrity to parts of my life I've ignored.
3.) Television is a vitamin
Toxic if taken in large quantities, but also essential for social and personal well-being.
4.) It is good to be wrong
Being open to new info and opinions, inviting people and events to let you know where you're going wrong, is the best way to open the mind.
5.) You can work miracles
When you are completely exhausted, stop and play. Then go back and to work. Persist and miracles will start happening, all the more wondrous because you worked them yourself.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
- The long sleeve top – this for me a basic that one can't get by without, excellent for layering or wearing alone they come in various lengths as well as prints. Various necklines are also available as well as the handy ¾ sleeve which I quite like at times, especially while I am studying.
- The basic jersey – this is typically a v-neck sweater with long sleeves in a plain colour and a simple texture. However, the round and square neck jersey can also be included in this category. This item is easy to throw on and layer with a lacy cami or contrasting colour for a warm put together look that is simple and elegant.
- The coat – whether a swing jacket hitting you at the hips or a full on trench this is a "cannot do without" item. Everyone needs a coat of some form to ward against the wind, rain or snow. There is a lot of room to play here and you can get ones in varying lengths, colours, materials, and prints.
- The scarf – I am a hug fan of scarves and they are definitely a winter do as they keep you nice and toasty. Again, there are so many options in terms of colour, texture, thickness, length and print there is something for every taste and style.
- The boot – whether ankle, knee length or thigh high, a pair of boots will stand you in good stead for the winter months. This is especially true for me as it rains often here and as well as keeping my feet dry they also keep my jeans or pants dry too.
- The skinny/straight leg jeans – I personally am a fan of the straight leg jean for all seasons but in winter when you tucking jeans into boots they can be quite useful. Skinny jeans as well as jeggings are also very useful for this; just remember to bank out the narrow silhouette with volume and length on top.
- The knit dress – this is a very useful item to own as it can be dressed down or up for evening occasions in winter. It creates variety in a winter wardrobe and lets you navigate away from the usually jeans or pants option whilst still keeping you warm.
- Stockings – these allow for summer/winter wardrobe interchange as summer items instantly become winter wearable with the addition of stockings. Again, variety, variety, variety, you can really have a lot of fun with texture and colour.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
As a June Baby there are ups and downs, one up being that I get presents every six months or so, hehe, a downside is that it is in the winter holidays so everyone usually goes on holiday and so no one is around to celebrate with me :(
For the month of June this is what I plan to accomplish:
Get my research project done and dusted
This my very first research article I have ever done and it is very daunting! SO much to do and next to no time to do it in!!!
Have an amazing birthday
As I mentioned above not many people are around when it comes to my birthday and it usually upsets me quite a bit and I while I love organizing something for my birthday everyone ends up cancelling on me :( So this year I have planned my own day with the one or two people in my life who mean I know will be there regardless :)
Find a new job
There are days when I enjoy my job and quite a few where I hate it but the fear of not finding a new one holds me back from quiting and of course the fact that I need money for food ect, haha. So, this month I am seriously going to hunt around for something better. I don't mind having large amounts of responsibility if I am paid accordingly.....
Get all my applications in order for next year
I barely started the year and I was stressing about what I was going to do next year and I'm still stressing. I have decided to send out all my applications ASAP and see what comes of it. Then I can make a decision based on what I get accepted for, a much more realistic situation to deal with.
What are you goals for June? Anyone else a June Baby? :)