I have been somewhat frustrated with my wardrobe for some time now. I really feel that the pieces I have are not congruent with the person that I am and want to present to the world. And while a whole new wardrobe and shopping spree would seem to be the answer I believe that in order to achieve my goal I need a solid plan that will allow me to build a new wardrobe over time.
Thus this my new approach to tackling my wardrobe:
- shopping around, trying new and different stores
- taking my time, looking at lots of different stores and seeing everything that is out there before deciding what to buy
- quality over quantity, buying one good quality or favoured piece over 4 or 5 trendy inferior pieces
- love over lust, buying one piece that I love as opposed to something I think is cute and have seen in magazines or on other girls
- finding inspiration, using the internet and magazines for inspiration on pieces that I love and help me in the shopping process
- making a list, using a list to search for the exact items that will make up my ideal wardrobe