Sunday, October 25, 2009

Food Fundie



I love to cook! And I love to eat, hehe :) Food for me is all about fresh ingredients and strong flavours. My two favourite cuisines are Italian and Asian. Pasta, pizza, sushi, thai curry.......yum yum yum! So, I was asked by the lovely Leia of Hifashion to share my one of my favourite recipes: Roasted butternut, lentil and feta wraps.

Ingrediants:
1 packet of chopped butternut (you can get a whole and chop yourself)
2 cans of lentils
2 disk of feta cheese
1 onion finely chopped 
Olive oil
Basil pesto/olive tapenade - optional
Wraps/tortias/rotis
Rocket/mixed salad leaves
Salt and pepper
Toothpicks 

 

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius. Chop butternut into even smaller pieces. Place the butternut and chopped onion in an oven dish. Season with a generous grinding of salt and pepper and coat veggies in olive oil. *I also add infused oils at this point, its my own decadent spin on the recipe, i add infused avocado oils of chilli and garlic. You can add chilli flakes if you like, have fun with it.* Place in oven for 45 minutes checking after 35 minutes. You want the butternut to be super soft and caramelized. Noting worse than crunchy butternut. Use you discretion as to whether it needs more or less time. 
  2. Drain the cans of lentils in a colander and rinse. Chop feta into blocks. Put both the feta and lentils in to a bowl and dress with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. 
  3. Get wraps ready by heating them in a hot dry nonstick pan for a few secons on each side. I usually use mini cocktail roti's as my wraps and i keep them in the freezer so they are always on hand and don't go off so quickly as opposed to keeping them in the cupboard.
  4. Add the roasted butternut to the lentil feta mixture and mix. Taste to see if you need anymore seasoning. Pour the hot roasting oil into the mixture for extra flavour, also keeps mixture nice and moist. 
  5. OPTIONAL: Smear a thin layer of basil pesto over the inside of the wrap. 
  6. Next put your selected leaves down the middle of the wrap, I use rocket because I love the taste and it goes so well with the mixture. Pile on spoonfuls of the mixture on top of the leaves.
  7. Fold the wrap up in your desired way and secure with toothpicks. Serve with a green salad and enjoy!
Interested in more recipes? Let me know, I love to cook and have loads of recipes to share! Any thoughts? Leave a comment!

*eLLa*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...